Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Talks, Truth and Wedding Announcement

Hello All,
I hope that everyone is doing well. So, life is busy as I'm sure you all know and can relate. I spoke in church on the 8th in my Ward and then again this last Sunday in Talkeetna Branch with Jake and Paja. Since Paja is in the High Council, his family is getting to have the honor of speaking now. Ü Jake did a wonderful job which is no big surprise. He spoke on the Atonement. He is such an inspiration. I spoke on the Sacrament both times, but the talks ended up being very different. The Talkeetna Branch brought much emotion to my heart. It was a good experience. Paja spoke on Happiness in the home. He made it broad; full of good advice, truth and entertainment. He has a true gift of speaking and I know that he has the calling that he is meant to have. Thank you for helping my testimony grow Dad.

A poem from Jake's talk:
I asked God to take away my pride,And God said, "No."
He said it is not for Him to take away, but for me to give up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole,And God said, "No."
He said her spirit is whole, Her body is only temporary.
I asked God to grant me patience,And God said, "No."
He said that patience is a by-product of tribulation, it isn't granted, it's earned.
I asked God to give me happiness,And God said, "No."
He said He gives blessings, Happiness is up to me.
I asked God to spare me pain,And God said, "No."
He said, "Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to Me."
I asked God to make my spirit grow,And God said, "No."
He said I must grow on my own, but He will prune me to make me fruitful.
I asked God if He loved me,And God said, "Yes."
He gave me His only Son who died for me, and I will be in Heaven someday because I believe.
I asked God to help me love others,as much as He loves me.
And God said,"Ah, finally my child, you have the idea."

My dear Family and Friends,
My heart is full and I feel the need to get out some thoughts. I want everyone to know that I love you. I want everyone to know that I KNOW that this Gospel is TRUE. I am not a perfect member but who honestly is? I want everyone to know that our Heavenly Father and Savior love us. I KNOW that they do. Life is hard, but it is beautiful. I am grateful for blessings, and I am grateful for trials. I pray for you all, whether we talk everyday or never do. Please forgive me for my shortcomings, I am trying to be better. That is all we can do is try. It is about progression, not perfection. We are not perfect which gives us the ability to learn. Love the sinner and hate the sin. Please remember that when you judge someone how it feels when someone judges you. Respect each other and most importantly, love one another, as he loves us. Never forget to do it anyway...


The good you do today, People will often forget; Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends & true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of being selfish & having ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight; Build anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest & frank anyway.
Give the world the best you have, it may never be enough; Give the best anyway.
If you find serenity & happiness, people may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it's between you & God; It was never between you & them anyway.

Finally...

Our Wedding Announcements are ready to be mailed out but we need your addresses!!! If you want one, please leave you address for me so I can send these out asap! You can also send me your address to my email (bergandee@hotmail.com); on myspace or our facebooks. Thank you!



Thank goodness for the blogging world. Ü

19 comments:

Rosie said...

I love you! I love you for who you have become. I love you for who you stive to be. I think we all could learn a little from your post.

And I love your announcement! For sure one of the cutest I have ever seen. You look just stunning in the big picture. I'm glad I cna be your sister!:)

Ashley Rasmussen said...

hay my adderss is 1944 n 1600 e
north logan you are so cute bergan
love ashley rasmussen or ut
84341

Ashley Rasmussen said...

hay bergan your pitcher so cute
my adders is 1944 n 1600 e
north logan,ut
84341

Connie~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie~ said...

LOVED YOUR THOUGHTS! Berg, I am so proud of you, for the person you are! I love you, more than you will ever know. Thanks for being my little girl, heaven knew I needed YOU!

MY ADDRESS....ROFL
(screwed up on the first comment)

k and p said...

1037 Compton Rd
Farmington UT 84025

I can't believe you're joining the "old marrieds" club the day after our birthday!! that's awesome!!

nataley said...

Your announcements are cute! You look soooooo pretty!!!

Kari said...

You look gorgeous in those pictures, and I love your announcements!

Chase and Elise said...

I loved your post! So uplifting! And I love your annoucements... so cute. Congrats again!

The Alaska Coyles said...

Thank you for that wonderful message. Those in Talketna use to be in my old ward. I heard they have a building they meet in now. They are a wonderful bunch of brothers and sisters. Love the invitations. You guys did a wonderful job. Time is getting closer, as you know. How exciting!

The Two of Us said...

Thanks for the Wonderful post! I loved it! You look gorgeous!!!

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

Thanks for that post Bergan! You are such a sweet girl with an even sweeter spirit about you. My life has been blessed by having you in it!

Our address is:
327 North 900 East
Provo, UT 84606

Love the announcements! :-)

Breshears Love said...

Jake & Bergan! Wow you guys are B-E-A-utiful together! We're so excited for you! We really wish that we could be there =[ You guys should run away to vegas to get married so we can be there! jk Loren says he's mad now cuz he won't be able to destroy Jake's truck during the reception. You should see the pictures of our car on our wedding day! Thanks Jake ;) Anyway, we can't wait until we get to see you two...Loren says he is excited to be getting a new sister-in-law haha Love you guys!

Loren & Kelsey

(I'm so stinkin' excited to meet you Bergan! I have a feeling we have some great times ahead! lol)

Anonymous said...

I would love an announcement:

Keith and Irene Welch
5013 Maple Creek Road
Franklin, ID 83237

I am so proud of you. What great changes you have made in your life. Good for you. God bless you both!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

LOVE it!! Thankyou so much for sharing that personal post, and Berg I want you to know that YOU are an AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, PATIENT, FORGIVING, and not forget the most awesome sister-in-law :D...love ya for loving all my 'flaws' and for always being by my side and loving me for me, you are definitely a person who we all look up to and I admire your strengths!! You are beautiful inside and out! I love love love the wedding announcments too..cant wait to add that one to my fridge! Thanks coming over and hanging out and watching the girls the past 2 nights....they love all the fun stuff you bring and do with them! They LOVE you guys! I love ya too...maybe just a little!!:D

Michael and Anita said...

Cute announcement! I love it!

GG JO and GG VAR said...

How did I miss this wonderful post?My Bergan Dee has be come a beautiful lady and has found a great spiritual young man. I wish I could hear you talk in church. Your announcement is so lovely I hope you take lots of pictures for me.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Bergan you are gorgeous!! Alex and I would love an announcement!!
1766 Olde school pt
Edmond OK 73012
Congrats!!

Lisa said...

Wow! Little Bergan Pitcher is all grown up!!! You are beautiful! Thanks for sharing those wonderful thoughts and feelings--you are an inspiration! Best wishes to you on your wedding!
Lisa (Bleazard) Yearsley
(I came here through Rosie's blog)