Friday, November 27, 2009

Being Thankful

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It is the time of year that family and friends can get together and enjoy delicious food while enjoying each other's company. A bunch of us went out to Jake's Parent's home. It was so neat to be there with both Jake and my Family. We were missing a few Family members whom were greatly missed and I am so thankful for them. The kids had so much fun sledding and being youth. Oh, how I love them! Ü In all, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving.



Thanksgiving is the time of year that reminds us of all of our many blessings. It reminds us that there is so much to be thankful for. I am going to list 10 blessings that I am grateful for. I tag anyone and everyone that reads this to do the same. I would LOVE to hear some of yours even if a few are similar. They can also be more simple pleasures that we at times don't always think about first hand. Ü

1. Our Heavenly Father, Our Beloved Savior Jesus Christ, The Holy Ghost, Being a member of the TRUE Gospel of God and all that entails...

2. My Eternal Companion and Best Friend, Jake.

3. My Wonderful Family and Loved Ones because Family IS Everything.

4. The feeling of our precious little baby moving inside me and knowing that God trusted us enough to give her to me.

5. The Beautiful Country of The United States of America and all those who protect it.

6. My good health, (walk, speak, see, hear, take care of myself and others, etc.) It is something that is so easy to take for granted until it is gone. My thoughts and prayers are with those that are not as blessed as I in this.

7. The Amazing time that we live in. We are so spoiled in this day in age with convenience.

8. I am grateful for food. Especially really good food. Ü Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite.

9. I am grateful for trials. Yes, trials. They make us stronger, they help us learn and they keep us humble. We can never know the true meaning of happiness if we have never suffered. So, even though, I don't like them, I am grateful for them.

10. I am so grateful for faith, charity and hope. But most of all, I am grateful for LOVE. It is what drives a thankful heart. It is what drives all goodness.

*Love is patient and kind, it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited, it is never rude or selfish, it does not take offence, nor is it resentful. Love takes no pleasure in others’ sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end. There are three things that last, faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is love.

There is ALWAYS something to be THANKFUL for. ALWAYS. God Bless!

6 comments:

Ashley Rasmussen said...

well those are good things you are thank full
love ashley

Connie~ said...

Your list brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your feelings and things that you are so grateful for.

"Love is patient and kind...." I think we are need reminded of that every day and act accordingly.

We love you Bergan, and thank you for being who you are! We are indeed blessed!

Rosie said...

What a great list Berg! We all need the reminder of your list more often. I will send you the pictures of Thanksgiving and you can add them!:)

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Awww...that was a special post that made me smile and be thankful for all the blessings I have too...I get a lot of time to think about them as i'm bedridden!:) I'm glad Thanksgiving turned out so nice too, the girls loved it!!

Anonymous said...

YOu are a great example Bergan. And congratulations on the baby girl! That's awesome! Hey, write Ashlee soon. She needs encouragement. Thanks for loving her.

Anonymous said...

I admit I tear up easily....but your post was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!