
She is amazing!
She was ready to go shopping! Ü 4-12-10
Brinley Love Hobbs was born on March 22, 2010 at 9:39am at the Matsu Regional Hospital in Palmer, AK. She weighed 6 pounds and 9 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. Here is a little bit about that day.
Last pregnancy picture!
The night before, Jake and I couldn't sleep very well due to the anticipation. We got up around 5:30am and got ready to go. We left our home at 6:50am. We arrived at the Hospital at about 7:10am. We were taken to our room. I changed into a gown and was placed in bed. Around 7:40am, I was given my IV. We waited anxiously for things to get rolling. It seemed like time went faster to me than to Jake since I was so nervous. Ü Around 8:10am, the anesthesiologist came in to meet us. Several hospital staff were running around prepping for Brinley's arrival. Around 8:50am, I was rolled into the OR. At 9:00am, I was given a Spinal Tap, laid onto the operating table then came the lovely catheter. Ü 9:10am, Jake came in dressed in scrubs and sat by my side which made me feel so much better. There was a little problem with the numbing process. My right side was completely numb but my left was only numb from about mid thigh down. I started to panic a little when they started to poke me and I could feel it. They discussed having to put me to sleep but Dr. Faucett said that she would prefer that they do some local anesthetic first. It numbed me enough to be able to stay awake.
9:20am, the wonderful smell of burnt flesh from the blood vessels. Quickly following that, the beginning of our beautiful little girls' birth began. They confirmed she was a girl before she was even out from seeing her bottom first. The pressure was intense, fascinating and exciting all at once. The pain on the left side started to become unbearable so I was given morphine which was awesome! Ü Before we knew it, she was here! Coming out bottom first! They held her over the top of the sheet so I could see her right away. I will never forget her beautiful pouting face. Ü They took her right over to get cleaned up. Jake got to cut the cord and be with her while I was sewed up and taken to transition for a hour. When I was rolled back to the room around 11:00am, Jake and Brinley were there waiting. I got to hold my precious child for the first time. She was perfect, beautiful and happy. It was a wonderful day.
Getting all cleaned up
Getting her footprints taken
Our first picture together (I was not feeling so well from the drugs)

Jake was the most amazing Daddy and Hubby that anyone could ever ask for. He took very good care of Brinley and I. We had so many family and friends come and see us and bring us goodies. Thank you all and thank you to everyone that had us in your thoughts and prayers. We got to have steak and lobster for our celebration dinner which was awesome! Jake had never had lobster before and he liked it a lot. Ü We stayed in the hospital until March 26th. We got to go home on my birthday. I got EXTREMELY spoiled on my birthday. Thank you all for thinking of me.
Jake is such a wonderful Daddy

Happy 25th!
Her first bath! (She loved it)
Brinley loves her Daddy
She is so much fun!
Jake came home from church and took a nap with Brinley... I think there is a bit of resemblance here... Ü
Her kissy face that she does so much! Love her!
My Mom gave us an easter bag full of candy. Ü
She has us wrapped around her fingers
I love her
Brinley with her egg
Easter!
The past few weeks have been fun. We have had many visitors dote over Brinley which is fun. Ü She had her first holiday on Easter Day! We have truly enjoyed having this precious little Angel in our lives. She is a good baby. She rarely cries or makes any fuss. She is as pleasant as they come. We did something right to have such a beautiful Heavenly Princess in our lives.
She is so sweet and tiny
Jake and My Dad have been away working in the Bush for a week now. Brinley and I have been staying with my Mom. She has been taking very good care of us. Brinley misses her Daddy and Papa and we pray for them to return home safely soon.
14 comments:
It was a very special day, one you will always remember and cherish. You and Jake did good, Brinley is absolutly perfect.
Im sure our Heavenly Father and Mother are pleased that their beautiful little daughter was welcomed into a loveing family with parents they love dearly. Thanks for the pictures we loved them.
SHe is just beautiful! I have been waiting anxiously for you new posts and updates. And she does look like her daddy! I am so happy for you. Isn't it just amazing? And her name is beautiful, just like her. I can't wait to see more pictures. She will change every day. Congratulations!
she a cute bergan-jake i beat u guse are having fun
take some more
love yea
have u seen my post-have u seen the one of me and bryan
I just love her!! I love how awake and alert she was right after she was born with her big beautiful eyes!! Amazing! She's just an angel! I'm so glad everything is going well!It will be nice to have Jake and your Dad home soon!:)
Congratulations you guys! She is absolutely beautiful, what a cute little family! Glad everything went well!
What a sweet family! Brinley is darling!
She is the sweetest little thing!! Congrats, so glad you got a good one. . .just remember they aren't all like that LOL-enjoy the memories!!
She is adorable! Isn't being a mother the best thing in the world. Really enjoy this first one, because it gets a little crazy after that:) I remember Easter was your favorite holiday. Weird thing to remember huh?
Very cute pictures looks like you are healing well, and enjoying mother hood. Take it all in as much as you can they grow fast.
Yay! Thanks for posting pictures! She is so beautiful! I'm glad that everything went well and yall are all healthy! Congrats again on the sweet baby! Love ya! :-)
What a treasure she is! I love all the pictures and your narration of her birth. Made me cry! Love you guys!
Cute post Berg. She is a sweetie and lucky to have you and Jake as parents. I am so happy for you!
So wonderful! Congrats! :)
Post a Comment