Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tags and Updates!

Hello All! Especially around this time of year, I really try my best to ponder and acknowledge how very blessed I am. At times, it has been very easy, at least for me, to think about what we want and don't have. I have really tried hard the last couple years to consistently count my many blessings. Also, to truly concentrate on the glass being half full instead of being half empty. To remember where any type of negative feeling according to this is coming from and more importantly, where it is not. I must admit, I am a much happier person than I used to be. Life is beautiful.

I was tagged by My Mom :)

1. Post your favorite picture and explain why.

Well, I have many favorite pictures, but it is probably a tie between these 2 for most.

The day I married my best friend for all time and eternity... in the snow. :) Wonderful day! He is so handsome. :)

This precious face melts me. She was so fresh from Heaven. She is an Angel. If you look closely, you can see her Halo.

2. Time to admit it, name your favorite reality TV show?

I love Super Nanny

3. If you could go one place in the world where would you go? Who would you take?

I would love to go to Switzerland. I enjoy looking at pictures of it's beauty. I would be ecstatic to take any of my loved ones that would like to go, especially Jake and Brinley.

4. If you won the lottery, name the first three things you'd do with the money?

Make sure that family was taken care of, get some gold and make sure that Brinley had a promising future.

5. What is your main regret in life?

I try not to dwell on the past.

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” ~Alexander Graham Bell

If I had to say something, I guess it would be not getting my RN.

6. Where has your favorite trip been to so far?

I haven't been very many places in my life that are extremely glamorous but my favorite would have to be... When Jake and I went to Kenai. It was beautiful and I was with my favorite person.
7. How did you meet your spouse?

Well, our families have known each other for quite some time. Our Father's actually grew up with each other in Benson, UT. Our families made their way to AK over the years. But Jake and I had never met until one day my sister Rosie decided to "hook" her anti-social little sister up with a nice guy. She gave Jake a call and asked him to take me out. He ended up calling me and we were inseparable ever since. Thanks Rosie for embarrassing the heck out of me, it ended up being the greatest blessing of my life.

8. Name something that irks you.

Know it Alls ~ Drives me bonkers and most of the time they don't know much of anything.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I was tagged by Lynnda Coyle a very LONG time ago and didn't realize it until quite some time after so now I am finally doing it.

What is the 6 (un)important things that make you happy?


1. The smell of Apples. Anything from Apple cinnamon to Apple pie to Country Apple. My favorites right now in my Scentsy burners are "Apples and Oak" and "Macintosh Apple". Both are scents by Rebecca who does The Bear Scentials.

2. Flowers. I LOVE it when Jake gets me flowers. Especially Tulips.

3. Fleece sheets, I feel like I am surrounded by a cloud, so wonderful. If you don't have any, I recommend them!

4. Flavored Vitamin Water. I really don't know why I love it so much.

5. Pictures/nic nacs of Dolphins. I know, I'm a nerd but I ADORE Dolphins and look forward to the day that I get to swim with them. Jake promised we would go someday. I could die happy. :)

6. The color Green in all of it's varieties. I love it, whether it be outside, a shirt or a mug. :)

I tag Jill, Megan, Jenn, Kelsey, Kira, Brittani, Kyna, Nataley, Marisa, Grandma Jo and ANYONE else that would like to do either of these or both. It is fun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES!!!
.
Life has been carrying on as usual. We have had some birthdays around here too.
.

On November 5th, My Beautiful Grandma Jo and Rosie and David had birthdays. Happy Birthday to this Great Trio!


On November 8th, our niece Alexis turned 8 years old. Happy Birthday Lexi! She was also Baptized by her Dad to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! We are so proud of you Lexi and we love you very much!!!


XOXO
------------------------------------------------------


Jake sold his Truck and was quite pleased about it. I think he had some mixed feelings since he loved it so much but we are looking for something else now so wish us luck. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brinley is such a "Big Girl" and plays sitting up. She is so much fun. I really do think that this is my favorite age. I just can't imagine her being any funner. :) At 3am on Monday morning, Brinley had 103 temp. We took her to the ER and found out that she has ear infections in both ears. The Doctor and Nurses sure made a fuss over her. She was all smiles. I am so grateful that she is okay and that she is such a tough little girl. She smiles through discomfort. I have no doubt in my mind that she is an Angel.
.

I love this outfit. Thanks again Lynnda!
.

Playing :)
.

Her basket in the living room has her toys in it. I think she's happy. :)
.

Sweetie
.

She is our world.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
.
Sure hope all is well! God Bless!
.

8 comments:

Connie~ said...

That was fun, thanks for playing along! LIfe does seem to just keep marching on.......

I love Brinleys eye lashes and eye brows and her halo!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Way to go on getting another post done!! I need to work on mine too!:) Loved all the pictures, the one of you and Jake on you wedding day is awesome and beautiful! Brinley looks just like an angel sleeping! And that was fun you posted about Lex and her birthday, she will love that!
Thanks for taking her tonight!!:)

Ashley Rasmussen said...

she geting so big keep posting
love and miss u guse

Rosie said...

I like "tag" posts:)

Super Nanny........really?! I would NOT have ever guessed that. Ever.

ROFL to the "anti social sister". You were. I still laugh when I think of your face when I told you I was hooking you up. Hilarious!

I can see Brinleys halo by the way:)

Connie~ said...

And you are right, the color green is "unimportant!" Unless it is nature, but I'm glad it makes you happy!

Kyna said...

Thanks for the tag, Bergan. It was fun! I definitely already posted on my blog. Your family is beautiful and I enjoy reading your blog. Technology is awesome for keeping in touch over miles and years!

nataley said...

Oh fun! Love the pictures of sweet Brinley- what a doll!

Anonymous said...

What great posts and pictures. I always love seeing how big Brinley is getting. She is at such a fun age. I can't wait until Kyston is fun like that. LOL! He's a fussy little boy! Love you guys!